Executive Vice President, Development Services |
As Executive Vice President of Development Services, Bret Sheffield oversees the Development Services group for all VanTrust markets across the nation. This includes oversight of all design and construction activities, city entitlements, and commissioning, as well as interaction and coordination with internal and external team members, such as landowners, brokers, government agencies, lenders, engineers, architects, construction managers, and property managers. Bret’s responsibilities include strategic planning, land transactions, redevelopment projects, tenant leases, and build-to-suits. He works in close collaboration with the Development Services team to ensure projects are completed within budget, on time, and with the highest quality.
Bret has more than thirty years of expertise in commercial real estate development, construction, and architecture. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies from the University of Nebraska as well as a Master of Science in Land Development from Texas A&M University. Bret is a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) and an active member of the Jacksonville Chapter of NAIOP.
- Board of Trustees, United Methodist Church of the Resurrection
- Past Executive Board, Chairman of EDC Advisory Board, Olathe Chamber of Commerce
- Past President, Olathe Public Schools Foundation
- Member, NAIOP Jacksonville
- National Office Development Forum, NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Member, Past Board of Directors, Certified Commercial Investment (CCIM)
- Past Adjunct Instructor, University of Missouri-Kansas City’s Lewis White Real Estate Center