Vice President, Legal |
Julia has over 17 years of expertise in commercial real estate, with the majority of that time spent acting as outside counsel for developers and a history with VanTrust. Julia oversees legal services for VanTrust’s nationwide locations and works out of the Kansas City office.
Prior to joining VanTrust in 2023, Julia worked for Dentons and is now returning to VanTrust to bring her legal expertise in-house. In her capacity as a Partner in the Real Estate Practice at Dentons, Julia has handled many of VanTrust land acquisition, leasing, joint venture and financing transactions over the years.
Julia holds a Bachelor of Arts in International Business and Political Science from Baker University as well as a Juris Doctorate from the University of Texas School of Law. She is a member of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), the Urban Land Institute (ULI).
Awards & Recognition
- Ranked, Band 2, MO: Kansas City & Surrounds, Chambers USA, 2019 – 2023
- 40 Under Forty, Ingram’s Magazine, 2021
- Missouri Lawyers Media, Up & Coming Award, 2020
- “Best of the Bar,” “NextGen Leader” Kansas City Business Journal, 2019
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, KS and MO, 2013
- 20 in Their 20’s, Ingram’s Magazine, 2010
- 20 Under 40, CREW Network, 2010
National MS Society
- State Bar of Kansas, Missouri & Texas
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- CREW, Commercial Real Estate Women
- ULI, Urban Land Institute