Director, Asset Enhancement |
As Director of Asset Management at VanTrust, Robert Leyva assists with maximizing the performance and value of VanTrust’s portfolio of real estate assets with a focus on implementation, quality assurance and reporting. Robert oversees The Inn at Meadowbrook, a 54-room boutique hotel within Meadowbrook Park in Prairie Village, Kansas, a development of VanTrust. Robert’s additional responsibilities include coordination with municipalities and the management of vendors, consultants, and contractors.
Robert brings a wealth of project experience and distinction in the hospitality industry. Prior to joining VanTrust, he served as a consultant to the firm during his time as general manager of Hotel Sorella Country Club Plaza, during which he had a direct impact on key hotel development aspects. Prior to that, Robert oversaw operations for Hotel Valencia Riverwalk in San Antonio and a number of other Valencia Group properties, restaurants, and bars. He has twenty years of experience in luxury boutique hotels, restaurants, and cocktail bars.
Robert has a long list of accolades, including a #1 ranking among all Kansas City area hotels on TripAdvisor, 132% RevPar penetration by year two in the STAR report, an industry benchmarking tool, the 2017 Best Hotel, Gold Award from Ingram’s Best of Business Kansas City, and the 2017 Condé Nast Traveler top 10 hotels in the Midwest award.
- Past Executive Board Member, Derrick Johnson’s Defend the Dream Foundation
- Past Executive Board Member, University of Texas at San Antonio Alumni Association
- Past Board Member, Chalk It Up! Artspace, San Antonio
- Past Board Member, Lambda Chi Alpha San Antonio Alumni Association
- Past Executive Board Member, President-Elect, Kansas City Hotel Lodging Association