Director, Development Services |
As Director of Development Services for the Columbus office of VanTrust, Emily Wieringa collaborates with the development team to plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee a variety of construction projects in the Ohio Valley. Emily has over 20 years of experience in the commercial construction industry.
Prior to joining VanTrust, Emily served as a Senior Project Manager for a commercial construction company, where she oversaw a variety of contracting delivery methods and projects. Emily also worked as an engineer for the Union County engineer’s office, where she gained invaluable experience in public infrastructure, including but not limited to applying for and supervising grants, as well as the ins and outs of local government policies and procedures. Emily ultimately returned to vertical construction at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. Emily rose to the position of Vice President of Planning and Facilities during her tenure at the zoo, gaining invaluable insight into the owner’s perspective of construction, operations, and maintenance while helping to master plan one of the largest zoos in the country and the most popular family attraction in central Ohio. All of this culminates in Emily’s unique perspective on the development services team in Columbus.
Emily earned a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Purdue University. She holds an engineering license in the state of Ohio.
Awards & Recognition
- Named Ohio STEM Exemplar, The Ohio Academy of Science
- Central Ohio ASCE Outstanding Section Member, 2012 Ohio
- Appointed Board of Trustee, Memorial Health of Union County, Ohio
- Facility Board Member, Dian Fosse Gorilla Fund International (DFGFI)
- Licensed Professional Engineer, State of Ohio
- Past Executive Committee and Current Member, American Society of Professional Engineers (ASCE) Central Ohio
- Member, NAIOP Central Ohio
- Member, Builders Exchange of Central Ohio